Stand-up comedienne and singer Alyssa Anjelica James has combined her passion for green-living and love of entertaining into a brand new performance genre called â€œeco-tainment.â€ The self-proclaimed â€œOCD recyclerâ€ is ready to provide some easy tips to anyone who wants to become more eco-friendly. Many of the tips require only minor adjustments to everyday living.
- Say Yes to Bugs, but No to Pesticides! Are ladybugs and butterflies what youâ€™d call pests? When is the last time a butterfly annoyed you? Insects are an important part of the food chain. Many animals and birds rely on insects for food. Studies have shown that chemical pesticides cause Parkinsonâ€™s, Alzheimerâ€™s and Autism. For a natural do-it-yourself pesticide, mix water lemon juice, garlic and cayenne pepper into a spray bottle. Don’t be a pest and pollute the planet. Say yes to bugs and remember they have been put on this earth for a reason.
- Leaf Blowers Be Gone! One leaf blower emits as much pollution as 80 cars. And wow, are they noisy! Get a rake. Raking leaves is fun and great exercise for anyone.
- Screw it! How many environmentalists does it take to screw in a light bulb? The answer is one, just you! If every American home replaced just one light bulb with an ENERGY STAR qualified bulb, we would save enough energy to light more than 3 million homes for a year. We would save more than $600 million in annual energy costs and prevent greenhouse gases equivalent to the emissions of more than 800,000 cars.
- Teach Children that itâ€™s Cool to Care! Get kids involved in recycling. Have them reuse containers, and if there is no recycling receptacle at school perhaps they could request one or just bring home recyclables to ensure they are properly disposed of. Take a trip to the dump. Believe it or not, garbage is the way of the future and holds promise for a successful career. Visit: http://earth2tech.com/2007/10/24/turning-trash-into-cash/ and www.plascoenergygroup.com.
- Get Growing! Planting a garden creates a connection to the earth. With love and attention you will reap the bounty. Children (and grown children) will take pride in being good stewards of the planet. Remember the Native American Indian proverb, â€œWe do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.â€
Eco-tainer Alyssa Anjelica James put a fresh spin on the green movement with the release of her first full-length album entitled â€œwithin.â€ Tree-huggers and environment scoffers alike are impressed with her smooth style and soulful lyrics. More than just a performer with a cause, Alyssa has dedicated her support to numerous environmental causes including â€œTree-People,â€ and â€œHeart-Song.â€ For more information and to sample Alyssaâ€™s music, please go to www.alyssamusic.com or www.myspace.com/alyssafolksoul. Sign up to receive Alyssaâ€™s blog postings at http://anjelicajames.tumblr.com