For millenia, healers have utilized acupuncture, herbs and other forms of Chinese Medicine. Only now, here in the West, are we recognizing the enduring value of these modalities of healing. The following businesses and individuals offer Chinese Medicine, acupuncture and Herbal Medicine in the Upper Midwest…and beyond:
- The College of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine at Northwestern Health Sciences University, 2501 W. 84th St., Bloomington, MN 55431, 952.888.4777, ext. 409., www.nwhealth.edu – Northwestern offers a Master’s degree in acupuncture and a Master’s degree in Oriental medicine. Both degree programs are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and emphasize the unified understanding of the mind, body and spirit inherent in Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Diamond Stone Oriental Medicine, Inc. at Avenues of Health, Katherine Krumwiede, 2415 Hennepin Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55405, 612.872.9133, [email protected], www.diamondstoneom.com – De-stress, leave your pain behind, and put a smile back on your face after a session with Katherine Krumwiede, a licensed acupuncturist, herbalist and gardener whose practice focuses heavily on using nutrition, as well as acupuncture, herbs, flower essences and lifestyle recommendations to bring about optimal health.
- Fusion LifeSpa, 18142 Minnetonka Blvd., Deephaven, MN 55391, 952.345.33345, www.fusionlifespa.com – Fusion Lifespa offers Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), including Acupuncture, Moxibustion, Cupping, Guasha, Chinese Herbal Supplements and Tui-na Medical Massage, Organic skin care and waxing, and colon hydrotherapy for those seeking sustainable health and well-being.
- Carol Hume, 5241 Upton Ave. S., Minneapolis, MN 55410, 612.849.7551, [email protected], carolhume.com – My practice includes acupuncture, herbal medicine and dietary consultations. I have been certified in GAPS Nutritional Protocol (GAPS is short for Gut and Psychology Syndrome) that helps the body heal from a multitude of illnesses. Monthly, I have a dinner in my home where I teach the basics of how to find a way of eating that is truly nourishing.
- Paulette Lucas, Independent Alphay Member, 320.203.7928, www.myalphay.com/paulettelucas – 5 Elements Products that Support Health and Renew Energy. Lingzhi-based supplements. Coffee that is good – and good for you. Energy products that help relieve stress and discomfort and restore energy.
- Minnesota Community Acupuncture, Kerri Casey, 5500 Lincoln Dr., Suite 100, Edina, MN 55436, 952.746.3478, [email protected], www.minnca.com – Minnesota Community Acupuncture providing affordable acupuncture since 2007 on a sliding scale of $15-40. Initial treatment is $25 and then all others covered by the sliding scale. Now at three locations: Edina, Maplewood and West St. Paul. Call or go online for information or to schedule.
- Mongeau Acupuncture LLC, Ann Mongeau, L.Ac., RN, 2150 Third Ave. N., Suite 350, Anoka, MN 55303,763.300.9811, www.nwtwincitiesacupuncture.com – Sliding scale: $15-40 + $10 fee for the first visit.
- The Natural Path, 8220 Commonwealth Dr., Suite 102, Eden Prairie, MN 55344, 952.941.1919, www.the-naturalpath.com – The Natural Path is a holistic health and wellness center located in Eden Prairie. We offer Electro-Dermal Screening, Digital Thermography, Biofeedback Relaxation, Voice Stress Analysis and Ionic Foot Cleanse, as well as other non-invasive, natural methodologies. Practitioners: David Eide, Traditional Naturopath; Anne Westfall, MA,CHt,PHP Health Practitioner; Cheryl Miller, Certified Thermographer; and Callie Eide, Biofeedback Practitioner, Stress Management Specialist.
- Red Clover Clinic , Anita Teigen, L.Ac., 2233 N. Hamline Ave, Suite 301, Roseville, MN 55113, 612.308.3597, [email protected], www.redcloverclinic.com – Located in Roseville, near Minneapolis and St. Paul, Red Clover Clinic treats patients with a unique blend of acupuncture, botanical medicine and bodywork services. If you suffer from chronic pain, fatigue, depression or other conditions, practitioner Anita Teigen, L.Ac., can help you return to healthy and harmonious well-being.
Copyright © 2010 admin. All Rights Reserved.