LA FARGE, WISC – Now in its seventh year, the Kickapoo Country Fair returns July 24-25 as the Midwest’s largest organic food and sustainability festival. The fair serves up a generous helping of fun for all in celebration of family, culture, and community, all the while looking toward a healthy, sustainable future.
The event is hosted by Organic Valley, America’s largest cooperative of organic farmers and one of the nation’s leading organic brands. Organized in 1988, it represents 1,652 farmers in 33 states and one Canadian province.
Thousands of attendees are expected for two fun-packed days of food, music, bike and farm tours, cooking demonstrations, theater, kids’ activities, dancing, author readings and speakers – all offered at an affordable price for families. Weekend passes, which provide access to all activities, are only $10 for adults, $5 for kids 12 and under, and kids 5 and under are free.
- Live music all weekend on two stages
- Beloved Wisconsin author Michael Perry reading from his latest book Coop: A Family, a Farm, and the Pursuit of One Good Egg, and making a rare appearance with his band, the Long Beds
- Free, delicious local and organic food in the “Organic Valley Kitchen”
- Authors, activists and innovators
- “Green Village,” green building and lifestyle workshops
- Farmers market
- Farm tours and exhibits
- Fourth-annual Butter Churn Bike Tour
- Children’s activities
- The nationally-renowned kung fu acrobatics of Nanda
- Stilt walkers and other surprises!
For more information about the event, including schedule details and lodging information, or to purchase tickets, visit www.kickapoocountryfair.org.