â€œI had the strangest dream!â€ How many times have you heard that expression fly out of your mouth, and in the telling of the tale, found yourself bewildered on that mystical bridge between sleep and awake, scratching your head, asking the question, â€œI wonder what that means?â€
As we ponder what it all means, take heart in knowing that it is rare not to have a strange dream. In fact, we should be so grateful for our sojourn into the dream world. As scientific evidence demonstrates, depriving a person of their dreams for several days encourages psychotic tendencies in the awakened state. We could say that we need to dream more than we need to sleep!
Our nighttime journey begins when our conscious mind takes itâ€™s bow for the day, exhausted from 16 hours of appropriate, politically correct behavior, stuffing animal instincts into man-made cubicles of efficiency and order, squelching our desire to make out with the sexy new co-worker, resisting the temptation to tell the boss to (bleep) offâ€¦dotting iâ€™s, crossing tâ€™sâ€¦not to mention minding our pâ€™s and qâ€™s until we canâ€™t see straight.
Whew! The conscious mind collapses backstage while our subconscious mind, chomping at the bit, lunges forth onto the center stage for the Late Show of our lives where all that was suppressed by day, gets expressed by night.
Science tells us we all dream three to nine dreams every night. But unfortunately, most people thinkâ€¦
- Dreams are unimportant
- They donâ€™t have time to record, share, and/or work with their dreams
- Theyâ€™ve lost touch with their ability to remember their dreams
But the truth isâ€¦
- We all dream 7-10 dreams every night and can re-learn to re-member our dreams
- Our dreams (even the unpleasant ones) can become our greatest ally
- We cannot afford not to pay attention to our dreams, if we want to thrive while being alive
My name is Kelly Sullivan Walden, aka Doctor Dream, I am certified, clinical hypnotherapist, author of the #1 Amazon.com bestselling dream book entitled (youâ€™ll never guess): I Had The Strangest Dream: The Dreamerâ€™s Dictionary for the 21st Century.
My intent with this blog and the accompanying videos, at the very least, is that you will come to see your dreams and your dreaming mind as a powerful conductor for good in your life, and thus be inspired to dedicate a few minutes in the morning to your dreams. My greatest dream for this blog and the accompanying videos is that you will take the tools contained within and become so engaged, so enthralled, and so in sync with your dreams that you will go down in history as one of those dreamers that carried remnants of the dream world into the waking world, and thus create a legacy of true benefit to the entire human race!
Is that too much to ask? I think not! After all Einstein said, â€œImagination (i.e. dreaming) is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination (i.e. dreams) embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.â€
Within this blog you can look forward to a life-changing formula for working with D.R.E.A.M.S. as well as secrets toâ€¦
- Care for and feed your dream zone
- Re-member your nighttime dreams
- Interpret your nighttime dreams
- Become fluent in the language of dreams
- Mine the gold from your dreams
- Heal yourself and others via dreams
- Re-enter your dreamscape to transform unpleasant dreams (aka nightmares) into rocket fuel for your soulâ€™s evolution (aka dream alchemy)
- Sleep your way to success
- Discover your D-Spot
- Bring the magic of your nighttime dreams to life in your waking state and fulfill your reason for being alive!
I’d love to hear what YOU dreamed last night? Leave a comment and either in the blog or in the dreamworld I will respond to your dreams or dream questions!