A Gluten-free, Dairy-free Whole Food Recipe
This is a delicious way to use your fresh green beans from your garden. This makes a perfect side dish to go with your favorite grilled fish.
1 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
One 10 oz. bag frozen shelled edamame
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. rice vinegar
1/4 cup 100% fruit apricot preserves
1 tbsp. agave nectar
1 tsp. peeled and grated fresh ginger
One 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
2 scallions (white and green parts), thinly sliced
Salt to taste
1. Steam green beans and frozen edamame until cooked (4 minutes).
2. Drain well, then transfer the beans to a large bowl and put into refrigerator to cool for 15 minutes or longer.
3. In small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, apricot preserves, agave nectar and ginger.
4. Add the black beans and scallions to the beans and edamame.
5. Drizzle with the dressing and toss to coat, season with salt
6. Serve at room temperature or chilled. 3-6 servings.