After watching the movie I AM, I was having a rather animated discussion with God about why such movies don’t talk more about intuition. Movies like What The Bleep Do We Know?!, The Celestine Prophecy, The Living Matrix and I AM all touch on intuition, but they don’t spend much time on its importance.
When I was done ranting, the words came into my head to start a movement that will help people understand what the “voice within” is and how to live by it.
Psychic abilities, life after death, the soul, heaven, hands-on healing and ghosts are all topics that I have written books about, but my most favorite subject among all my books is intuition. That still, small, silent voice within all of us is there to guide us continually. It’s mysterious, magical, loving and awesome when we realize that this silent voice within us is there just for us, and its sole purpose is to make our lives easier by continually giving us guidance when we need it. We don’t have to feel alone or feel like no one understands us, because our intuition does understand us unconditionally and always wants to be of help.
Recently on the TV show “Rizzoli and Isles,” the cop (Rizzoli) asked the coroner (Isles) what her gut told her about the case. The coroner (who doesn’t get the whole gut concept) said, “I don’t know what my intestines say about it.” I thought that was pretty humorous — and realistic — because a lot of people don’t know what “within” means! When we talk about intuition being within, we are not referring to within the physical body. The inner voice actually resides within the core of our soul and it has been guiding our soul through every incarnation.
What is Intuition?
Webster defines intuition as the immediate knowing of something without the conscious use of reasoning. It’s located somewhere between our heart and our solar plexus. It’s an inner nudge. A knowing. A sense or feeling. Not an emotional feeling but a knowing feeling.
The purpose of the Trust the Voice Within Movement is to encourage people to tune in to their inner guidance. To support you on your path, Leigh Hopkins of Viva Institute created a website — www.trustthevoicewithin.com — devoted entirely to living by intuition. Each week we’ll discuss different topics and encourage you to share your stories with us to help others understand how it works.
Here is what you’ll find here at www.trustthevoicewithin.com:
- Real-life stories and questions to make you think about the times when you’ve listened to your intuition or not, and how to tune in when you want to! This is a place for you to share your own stories and to comment and support others in this community.
- Guided meditations, video messages, news clips, and more.
- A news section with real-life stories and examples of how intuition is being used on a daily basis.
- “Yeah, but…,” a section devoted to stories about the times when you should have listened to your intuition and didn’t!
- Information on intuition groups in your area. If you’d like to create one in your area, write to Leigh Hopkins at email@example.com.
- Resources like my book A Still, Small Voice, as well as a meditation CD, and an Intuition t-shirt.
Share your stories, comment on other people’s stories, and join us in this supportive community! Let’s spread the word about this divine voice within. You are not alone!