Herbal Remedies for Three ‘Collegiate’ STIs/STDs

An education isn’t the only thing many college students “get” at college. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), 20-25 percent of college students in the United States have either been infected with a sexually transmitted infection (STI) or have transmitted an STI to their sex partner(s). Two out of three STIs are found in people under the age of 25, and there are about 9 million new cases each year.

Incidentally, an STI is an infection, but after it causes symptoms, it’s considered a sexually transmitted disease, or STD. Let’s look at the three most common STIs/STDs and ways to treat them using herbal medicines instead of, or in addition to, regular drugs.

Herbal Treatments for HPV
One in four college students is infected with human papillomavirus (HPV), making it the most common STI. HPV can cause cancer, but it is such a common infection that a healthy immune system has no problem countering it.

If you’re diagnosed with HPV, don’t panic, and do not agree to invasive tests such as a biopsy or any treatment directed at your cervix. Seventy percent of untreated women clear their HPV infection in the first year, 90 percent within two years.

The CDC does not recommend treatment for the male partners of infected women, as “there is no cure.” Eighty percent of men carry HPV in their urethra or on their scrotum.

For both genders, anti-viral herbs can help you drive HPV into remission. And it is important to do so, as HPV can cause cancer not only in the cervix, but also in the throat and in the anus, places that are often not tested for cancer until there are symptoms.

A dropperful of the tincture of Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s wort, St. Joan’s wort) taken 10 times a day for several weeks can eliminate HPV from all tissues. Caution: This herb increases the liver’s ability to clear drugs from the body, rendering them ineffective. Do not use if you have an organ transplant.

External genital warts, a common symptom of HPV, may be cleared up with the daily use of fresh celandine sap (Celadonium majus) externally, for two weeks. Tincture is not effective.

Herbal Treatments for Chlamydia
Chlamydia, the second most common STI on college campuses, is a serious bacterial infection that can cause permanent damage to your sexual organs, pelvic pain and infertility. The best treatment is a course of antibiotics.

However, a dropperful of the tincture of echinacea, pau d’arco, usnea, or yarrow, taken 3-6 times a day in addition to every single dose of those antibiotics, will improve your chances of getting rid of this deep infection completely, with no relapses, no scarring of your delicate sexual organs, and no impairment in fertility.

Herbal Remedies for Genital Herpes
One in five college students has genital herpes. It is an annoying viral infection that is resistant to drugs, but fortunately, not to herbs.

Ointments of lemon balm (Melissa off.) or hyssop (Hyssopus off.) can be used to counter active sores. Use of both the oil (externally) and the tincture (internally) of Hypericum perforatum (St. John’s wort, St. Joan’s wort) daily for a month or more can eliminate the virus from the nerves and skin. Make a brew of one ounce each burdock (Arctium lappa) and echinacea (Echinacea augustifolia) roots boiled for five minutes in a quart of water and then steeped for four hours, covered. Drinking this brew daily for three months can remove the herpes virus from the blood.

Black currants have been shown to prevent the herpes virus from attaching to cells. A polysaccharide in self heal (Prunella vulgaris) has been shown to target the herpes virus.

Glycyrrhizic acid from licorice hones in on the herpes virus and causes it to self-destruct.

To prevent outbreaks, try strengthening your immune system with astragalus tincture, nettle infusion, and dandelion wine. Food sources of lysine — halibut, chicken, and goats’ milk — are better than pills of L-lysine to relieve the pain and prevent recurrences of herpes.

Related Articles

about Susun S. Weed

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Comments

1. says

How very interesting to find natural remedies for diseases that we tend to feel so embarrassed about that doctors are not consulted when it is most needed. We need more of this kind of information in the mainstream media so that the ordinary person will know that safe and effective alternative treatments are available.

It would be very helpful to give some indication of where the remedies mentioned in your article can be found and how it is made.

2. shwanmartin says

Excellent article.
    Human Papilloma Virus belongs to a group of viruses that affect the skin and mucous membranes of human beings. Most people who have HPV will not have any symptoms. However, certain types of HPV strands can cause genital warts in men and women, and other types can cause cancer.
    Folic acid, mixed carotenoids, Vitamin C, Selenium, curcumin, broccoli sprout extract, and an anti-viral herbal support formula with a Healthy lifestyle, right nutrition and regular sleep can help a person dealing with the disease.One should also increase vegetable and fruit intake with with quality green tea and minimize sugars, caffine and refined foods. Hyperisince Mysorense are known to boost immunity. Most plants of the Hypericum family have also been studied to have anti-viral effects.

3. Ritu says

Hi, I’m aHomeopathic health professional and now there are many advances in homeopathy that helps to boost up your immunity and prevents recurrence of HPV symptoms. Homeopathic remedies such as HP DSPL formula, Cellular oxygenator, Monolaurine, C145 warts formula give quick relief and prevent re occurrence.

4. Loren says

I recently had an experience with someone and was left sick for a few days after. Literally couldn’t move out of bed. Saw my physician and it showed it was herpes. Really upset me but the doctor told me it’s possible to treat it, not cure it under the right circumstances.

He gave me a list of vitamins and foods to make part of my daily diet. Once I started looking into these vitamins and herbs that boost your immune system, I found this product called instant immunity. Along with my proper diet and daily intact of that instant immunity supplement, I’ve been ok and adjusting. For anyone that’s in the same predicament, I would recommend that course of action as it’s helped me get through this.

5. val de venor says

Hi
    I slept with my girlfriend who was away for a longtime and she didn’t tell me that she had herpes. I had so much heart broken after knowing that I have contacted genital herpes. I just committed one sin and I’m gone forever. Until i read of Dr. Maccus online and i contacted him for help, he give me all the procedure in which i followed and take the herbal medicine as instructed and he told me to go for test. To my greatest joy was that the virus was totally flushed out of my system, I pray that God should strengthen Dr. Maccus for taking this disease away from my body.
    Honestly in my heart i want to sincerely thank Dr. Maccus for making normal again and to all those who are in pain because of this disease don’t be discourage. I pray that he that did it for me will also do it for you, you can contact him with this email address dr.maccusherpescure@gmail.com

6. nancy says

the great help i received from Dr Andrey cant be explained but must be said, i was passing through pain with my heart disease and SCLERODERMA for two and half years before i came across Dr Andrey contact in the internet which i contacted him cause i was affected with HEART DISEASE and SCLERODERMA and friend from HERPES .he gave us an herbal cure for it which we took according to his direction and today we can say will are healthy free from heart disease,scleroderma and herpes by taking his herbal cure. to get cured kindly contact via email; drandreyhealingherbalcenter@outlook.com and for more information email me via; nancybentuk@hotmail.com

7. moureen george says

Hello everyone I’m here to share a testimony on how my HIV was cure by a herbal doctor with the help of herbal medicine and herbal soap, As we all know medically, there is no solution or
    cure for HIV and the cost for Medication is very expensive. Someone introduced me to a man (Native Medical Practitioner) I showed the man all my Tests and Results and I told him i have already
    diagnosed with HIV and have spent thousands of dollars on medication. I said I will like to try him cause someone introduced me to him. He
    asked me sorts of questions and I answered him correctly. To cut the story short, He gave me some medicinal soaps and some herbs(have
    forgot the name he called them) and he thought me how am going to use them all. At first I was skeptical but I just gave it a try. I was on
    his Medication for 2 weeks and I used all the soaps and herbs according to his prescription. That he will finish the rest himself. And I called him 3 days after, I arrived and I told him what is the next thing he said, he has been expecting my call. He told me to visit my doctor for another test. Honestly speaking, i never believe all he
    was saying until after the test when my doctor mention the statement that am, HIV negative and the doctor started asking me how come about the cure, And I make a promise to dr osas that if I’m heal I will testify his good work in my life, if there is anyone out there who may need the help of dr osas you can email him via his email address drosassolutioncenter@yahoo. For any type of sickness he can cure any disease

8. miss alice says

I am Miss Alice 24yrs old, my childhood herpes returned. It started with itchy chin, then on to other areas of the body it was buttocks, groin, etc. I tried everything and anything that i read about like creams, ointments, oils, homeopathic remedies. Though each provided some relief, I was still plagued by the virus. Then i saw testimony of how Dr. Henry cured herpes simplex virus and i contacted him to happened upon my cure. Despite the medical doctor says there is no cure, this herbalist proof that they are wrong. Dr. Henry a wonderful herbalist and he’s caring and empathetic, doing everything he can to help and work for you. You can write to him through his email dr.henryherpescure@gmail.com. This testimonial serves as an expression of my gratitude.

Trackbacks