A Gluten-free, Dairy-free Whole Food Recipe
This dish has everything you need…protein (quinoa and beans), healthy fat (avocado & olive oil), greens (fresh spinach) and an energy-sustaining whole grain!
The dressing is just for drizzling right before you eat it. Do NOT mix the quinoa with the dressing when you are preparing this dish or it will get soggy.
2 cups quinoa, rinsed and drained
1 15-oz. can of organic black beans, drained and rinsed
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1-2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
1 cup fresh cilantro (adjust to your taste)
2 avocados, pitted and peeled
Fresh lemon juice, to prevent avocado from browning
Sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
Juice from 2 limes
Zest 1 lime
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup brown rice vinegar
2 cloves of garlic, minced
Sea salt and pepper, to taste
1. Prepare quinoa. Boil the water, add quinoa, reduce to a simmer until all of the water is absorbed. When done, store in the refrigerator to cool completely.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add beans, tomatoes, spinach and cilantro, tossing to combine.
3. Dice avocados, drizzle with lemon juice and set aside in fridge.
4. Add all dressing ingredients to a food processor or blender, pulse until garlic is blended and dressing appears creamy. Set aside in fridge.
5. Add the quinoa to the bean mixture. Season with salt and pepper and add lime juice and zest; toss to combine. Serve in bowls, topped with avocado and drizzled with dressing. Serves 8 generously
Copyright © 2012 Maggie Christopher. All Rights Reserved.