Mother’s Day is this month and, because we love and care about you, we have a few points we’d like you to consider:
1. You’re perfect just the way you are. Sometimes we see you worry about silly things and we think you should worry less and nap more. It works for us. And we’ll even nap with you – what a deal!
2. We love it when you let us sleep in your chair. Even when you need to sit there, you never move us – you just balance your butt on the very edge of the chair so you don’t disturb us. You are kind…and well-trained.
3. We know you want develop a consistent yoga routine and we think that’s a great idea. Stretching feels fantastic and we just want you to know we’re here to help you. You know how we are – the minute you sit on the floor, we climb all over you. Sometimes this annoys you, but we are only trying to help you master the poses. You’re welcome.
4. Drink more water. Trust us – it’s good for you. I know your water doesn’t come from a fancy fountain like ours does, but that faucet is pretty cool. I even enjoy a drink from it now and again. Plus, when you drink water, we get to steal licks from your cup. I know, I know, but it’s so tasty and a little bit naughty. We like to see what we can get away with. You get the point: drink more water.
5. We also think you should read more books. We notice you look more relaxed when you read, and we like that. Additionally, you reading a book means we’re charged with rubbing our faces all over it and lying on top of it, forcing you to eventually stop reading and pay lots and lots of attention to us. So please read, relax, but focus most of your energy on us.
6. We have a relaxation tip for you: Have you tried napping on a pile of warm laundry? It’s just the best! Try a load of towels – you’ll never go back.
7. Don’t feel guilty about eating a treat now and again. In fact, get really excited about it! You see us, right? Do you notice how we race around the kitchen and cheer when you show us the treat jar? You need to do some racing and cheering over cupcakes. We’ll grab the camera.
8. We love it when you play with us! We think sometimes you should close that computer-thingy and play more often – and not just with us! Take a walk, go swimming, meet friends for tea, pull out the sewing machine. And sometimes, we want to be your only laptop.
Hopefully you will find our suggestions helpful. We are smart kitties and know how to live happy and balanced lives and we want that for you, too! Thank you for everything you do for us. We don’t even mind a camera in our faces now and again – we know that makes you happy. Not to create more work for you, but we would like to suggest that you do a few more loads of laundry each week. What? You read #6, right?
Happy Mother’s Day! Love, Saffy, Cosmo and Phoebe