A Gluten-free, Dairy-free Whole Food Recipe
Summertime is here! So I’d like to share a cobbler recipe that not only has simple ingredients, but is low in sugar. Pair this cobbler with your favorite summer fruit, such as berries or peaches. Enjoy with unsweetened almond milk or top with soy or real whip cream. Try the NuNaturals brand of stevia made from the full leaf, which means no bitter aftertaste.
1 cup Bob’s Red Mill GF Baking and Biscuit Mix
1 cup gluten-free oatmeal
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 tsp. almond extract
20 drops of stevia
Fresh or frozen fruit
1/3 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients (except nuts & fruit) with a fork, until crumbly. Do not over mix. Chill for 30 minutes in the freezer.
3. Before baking, add chopped nuts.
4. Using a loaf pan, crumble the mixture over fresh or frozen fruit.
5. Bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is bubbly. Makes 4 servings.