A Gluten-free, Dairy-free Whole Food Recipe
THIS IS A UNIQUE combination of ingredients that offers a delicious way to enjoy grass-fed beef. Using a food chopper with this recipe minces the vegetables with less time and effort. Serve with a side of brown rice and a vegetable.
8 medium fresh shiitake mushrooms, minced
1 medium shallot, minced
3/4 cup sweet potato, minced
2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
2 pounds grass-fed ground beef
1-1/2 tablespoons fish sauce
3 tablespoons tomato paste
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Finely mince the mushrooms, shallot, sweet potato, and cilantro and toss together in a large bowl.
3. Add the ground beef, fish sauce, and tomato paste. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Thoroughly combine the ingredients, but don’t overwork the meat.
5. Melt the coconut oil, and brush it on the foil-lined baking sheet.
6. Use your hands to roll out three dozen meatballs, approximately 1-1/2 inches in diameter. Arrange them on the baking sheet. Use 2 baking sheets or bake one batch and then the other.
7. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes. Rotate the tray at the midpoint to ensure even cooking. Do not overcook.
8. Serve immediately, or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to three days. They also freeze well. Serves 8-10.