In the past 30 years of being a psychic medium, I have seen hundreds of people with childhood stories ranging from minimal dysfunction to “Why are you still alive?” No matter what my clients’ pasts are, they all asked the same repetitive questions during their readings: When will I get the job I want? When will I find the right romantic love? When will I have enough money? When will my health be better? When will I find my passion or purpose in my life?
The answer I inevitably give to them all is the same: “As soon as you genuinely want it!” It’s truly just that simple. Then I spend the next 25 to 55 minutes helping them realize they don’t truly believe they deserve or want all they are asking for!
So, how do you get all you want out of life? First you must realize your internal beliefs and thoughts completely control the direction you are going in life, the “path” you are traveling. Second, you need to realize that you create your life consciously or subconsciously, and you are 100 percent responsible for your happiness and dream fulfillment. Third, and most importantly, you must understand that more than likely you don’t believe what you think you believe!
Each one of us has a childhood story that may have caused us to lose track of our innate, inner power that can accomplish anything and that empowers all we do. So, if you’re not creating the life or fulfilling the dreams you want, you must be able to recognize and change your core beliefs and thoughts. You can do this!
Remember, you are a part of God, Spirit, the Source of All There Is. Therefore, you already have everything you need to fulfill your dreams and goals.
Here are six powerful empowering steps that show you how to change your beliefs so you can live the life of your dreams:
- Step 1 — Open your mind and heart to the possibility that you are holding onto some maladaptive beliefs that developed from your past and story. I call them the “I’m Not…” beliefs: I’m not good enough; I’m not worthy enough; I’m not lovable, and so on. Denying your negative feelings and beliefs is a sure way of stopping yourself from creating the life you want. Catching your negative adult thoughts and feelings and linking them to your “I’m Not” beliefs disempowers their control over you!
- Step 2 — Explore a different spiritual understanding that includes principles, universal laws and ancient wisdom that expand your beliefs of self, others, the world and the greater power to which you are connected. You will never experience self-fulfillment with conservative, fundamental, antiquated and limited beliefs. If you already embrace evolved spiritual precepts and you are still not creating the life you want, then go back and re-examine Step 1.
- Step 3 — Attend self-help and spiritual lectures and workshops. Find a spiritual center you can frequent that makes you feel good about who you are. You need to “cleanse” yourself by putting yourself into more peaceful, compassionate and loving surroundings. That will help you to move away from the mundane and begin focusing on your higher attributes and abilities.
- Step 4 — Commit to positive daily behaviors and practices, such as saying positive affirmations throughout the day, meditating, catching negative thoughts and reframing them into positive ones, and caring for and healing any issues of your body, mind and spirit. Positive behaviors retrain your subconscious mind, which creates your automatic thoughts and behaviors. So, you need to know that your negative thoughts of life, others and yourself are no more than habits your mind is used to having. The more positive you put in, the more the negative is flushed out and replaced with better, more empowering thoughts.
- Step 5 — Most importantly and above all, forgive, love and believe in yourself, unconditionally! Accept yourself the way you are right now, knowing you are already the greatest gift you have. Believe you can fulfill your dreams because you are powerful beyond measure and worthy of fulfillment. Forgive yourself for everything you think you did wrong or didn’t accomplish. As a child, you developed the pattern of self-blame that you perpetuated as an adult. None of it matters anyway, but you use your supposed “failures” to abuse yourself the way you were abused in your past.
- Step 6 — Finally, love, accept and have compassion for others. We are all one, created from one Source, and everything you do to your neighbor, you do to yourself. Everything you do to yourself, you do to your neighbor. We are naturally social beings for this reason and need each other to thrive. How you treat someone else will determine how you are treated.
You are a spiritual being having a physical experience here on Earth. You have every capacity and power to attract abundance in success, money, wellness, relationships, and love. The passion and dreams that fill your heart or that are yet to be discovered are there to inspire you to pursue them and achieve them so you can experience how great and wonderful you really are!
Vincent Genna will be a keynote speaker (“Past Life Regression for Present Life Understanding”) from 1-2:30 p.m. Saturday, April 26 at the Fargo Holistic Expo. Purchase advance tickets at Edgelife.net or at toll-free 877.776.5244. For more details on the event, visit Edgelife.net/fargo-holistic-expo/