“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.” –Buddha
You’re not just close to having abundance in all areas of your life — you’re already there. In fact, the things you desire most — love, prosperity and health — are part of your natural state of being. When you accept that you are love, prosperity and health with all of your heart, you will behave in a way that allows them to flow into your life.
If you’re not experiencing abundance in your life at this particular moment, these thoughts will help you to get back to your natural state:
- Your words and thoughts are real. The life you are living right now is the result of your thoughts. If you focus on fear, dwelling on the “what ifs” then you’ll attract the things that you are trying so hard to avoid. To bypass fear, focus on the present moment — there’s no point rehashing the past or worrying about the future. To manifest what you desire, you must be mindful and joyful in the present moment.
- To attract love, be loving. If you are seeking your one special soulmate, be patient. The universe will send you the perfect person, but it might take a little time. In the meantime, tune into the vibration of love by sending loving energy to the world — performing small acts of kindness and compassion to friends, family, strangers and pets. The love you send out will come back to you.
- In financial matters, act from a place of plenty, not scarcity. Prosperity, like water, needs to flow. Start the flow by being generous to others and to yourself. Believe that the universe will deliver everything you need to be happy.
- Stop hanging onto other people’s attitudes about money. Your money energy can be inherited. Think carefully how you feel about money. Do you feel guilty about the idea of having or wanting it because that might be seen as a sign of greed? Did your parents say “money is the root of all evil” until you believed it? Let go of the past, because it’s blocking you from experiencing abundance today.
- Replace negative self-talk with positive thoughts. You’re living a human existence, and negative thoughts, fears and insecurities will crop up from time to time. Don’t let them take root. Replace them with present tense, positive affirmations. When you have a thought like “I’m sick and tired,” replace it immediately with “I look forward to doing everything I need to do today!”
- Use positive affirmations every day. I use an affirmation that covers all of the bases for me! I say it to myself every day, and also have it on my office wall, where I can see it as I work. It is “Happy am I, Healthy am I, Holy am I.” Use this affirmation, or come up with one that resonates with you. Let the words sink into your heart and soul, for they are your natural state.
- Notice the blessings that exist in your life and give thanks to the universe for providing them. This supports the flow of abundance. Sarah Ban Breatnach explains it perfectly: “You simply will not be the same person two months from now after consciously giving thanks each day for the abundance that exists in your life. And you will have set in motion an ancient spiritual law: the more you have and are grateful for, the more will be given you.”
Remember that you are meant to have love in your life. You are meant to have your needs met. You are meant to have a healthy mind, body and spirit. It’s natural that you will contribute to life, be happy and finish any unfinished business before you reach the time when you step through the threshold of light and return home.
So go out and be love, prosperity and health!
James Van Praagh will present the keynote talk, “The Healing Power of Mediumship” at 1:30 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 8, at Minneapolis Holistic Expo, and he will lead a three-day post-expo workshop, “Master Your Power Within: Working with Energy You Bring Into Your Life and How to Manifest Health, Love, Money and Opportunities,” on November 9-11 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis North. Visit www.edgelife.net to save on advance tickets and for complete details.