From radon reduction to stress reduction, the 29th Healthy Life Expo offers many ways to improve your health. The Expo, the Midwest’s largest health and wellness expo, takes place November 4-5 at the Minneapolis Convention Center. Hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. both days.
Nearly 200 exhibitors will be on hand to display the latest products and services for better health and fitness. Gluten-free foods will be available for sampling, The Back Road Kickers will demonstrate square dancing, and USA Karate will also put on a tournament all day Sunday benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project and do a karate demo on Saturday at 2 p.m..
The event will feature many speakers on three stages, including:
• Sarah Routman will take show attendees through a session of “Laughter Yoga” at 10:30 a.m. Saturday. The stress-relieving “curriculum” includes Smile-ups and creative laughter exercise games to get people up and moving. A leadership instructor and wellness champion at the University of Minnesota, Routman has also published two laughter coloring books. She will talk about her coloring books in a Sunday coloring session.
• Lynell Hage, RN, will present a demonstration of Bemer technology, which increases blood flow and improves circulation, resulting in stress reduction and increased endurance and mental acuity. NASA used Bemer technology in its space suits. Hage, who has used the therapy for almost a decade, will speak at 11 a.m.
• Dr. Mark Steenerson of the Health Restoration Center will talk at noon about the three secret causes of stress and how stress affects hormones, sleep, weight gain, chronic pain and blood sugar.
• Kayla O’Rourke, owner of the Bar Method, which is opening this fall in Minneapolis’ North Loop neighborhood, will demonstrate the Bar Method workout. The workout uses isometrics, interval training and dance conditioning while emphasizing sculpting more than other barre workouts by targeting the muscles that play the largest role in changing the shape of the body. She will be onstage at 1 p.m.
• Mike Thompson from Midwest Radon Specialists will take the stage at 2 p.m. He’ll discuss and share health concerns regarding radon as well as common methods of reducing indoor radon levels.
• Garrett McCormick, of thirtytwo probiotics, will discuss true probiotics and their importance in maintaining healthy body chemistry.
• Spruce Krause will speak on tips and tools for “Awakening Happiness.” She will also offer mini healing sessions at her booth.
• Katie Mandell and Mary Brunner, registered dietitians with Hy-Vee, will speak on how they can provide nutrition counseling, lifestyle management programs and cooking classes, among other services.
• Rosaline Sterenborg is the sole American distributor of Curaloe Aloe Vera Juice. She will focus on the benefits of aloe vera in the diet, including fatigue and stress reduction, strengthening of the immune system and as a digestive aid.
TV and radio personalities will also be on hand. The Healthy Life Expo will award free goodie bags to the first 100 people in line. Admission is $6 at the door. For more information, visit www.mediamaxevents.com.