An excerpt from We Consciousness: 33 Profound Truths for Inner and Outer Peace
Loving yourself is the first essential step to creating peace in your life and in the lives around you. After practicing self-love on a regular basis, your whole life will change! You’ll finally realize that you are entitled to the magnificent blessings the world has to offer; you’ll be more fulfilled, more independent, and so much happier. It’ll be a win-win situation for all, because everyone around you will benefit, too.
There are 12 amazing benefits you’ll receive when you practice self-love. Begin right now on your wonderful new journey of recognizing the delightful, precious being that you truly are.
The 12 Main Advantages of Self-Love
1. You will make your own happiness a priority and not be swayed by external conditions. When you begin to love yourself, you’ll make sure you are happy right now, regardless of what is happening in the world. As Concept 26 says: In order to experience true inner peace, you must live joyfully in the present moment. You’ll recognize your many blessings and not be influenced by negative people and events.
2. You will look out for your best interests. You’ll always “have your own back” and do what is best for you in every area of your life — without feeling guilty about it. Think of it this way: If you won’t look out for yourself, who will?
3. Your confidence will increase. You’ll be proud of your accomplishments and realize what an incredible person you are. As you shift your attention to your great qualities and recognize how valuable you are, you’ll realize you deserve the best and will require others to treat you with respect.
4. You will make it a priority to achieve your dreams. Self-love, a strong belief in yourself, and unyielding determination will be the contributing factors that bring your dreams to fruition!
5. You will attract loving situations and people in your life. Your thoughts and emotions attract “like unto itself.” If you are thinking loving, positive thoughts about yourself, you will draw affectionate, optimistic individuals and circumstances to you.
6. You will make healthier choices for yourself. When you really care about how you feel, you’ll do whatever is necessary to keep your body functioning at its optimal level. This includes eating healthy foods, exercising, drinking plenty of water, and getting the rest you need.
7. Other people won’t have the power to offend you. As Wayne Dyer once said, “One of the highest places you can get is to be independent of the good opinions of other people.” You can disconnect from the energies directed your way that don’t resonate with you, and connect only with the energies that make you feel good!
8. You will be happy for others instead of resenting them. You will delight in other people’s successes, instead of saying, “Why not me?” Knowing that you are also able to accomplish amazing things in your life, you’ll share others’ enthusiasm and will be genuinely proud of their triumphs.
9. You will be of greater service to others. When you are happier, you’ll have so much more to give to those around you. You won’t be serving out of obligation, but rather because you’ll sincerely want to help to make their lives better.
10. You will create your own positive situations and understand that you are not a victim. As Concept 20 states: You are a co-creator with God and need not be a victim of external circumstances. When you love yourself, you won’t allow yourself to be involved in
negative situations because you’ll always strive to feel good. You’ll engage in uplifting events; you’ll surround yourself with loving, positive people; and you won’t allow anything or anyone to affect you.
11. Your mind, body, and spirit will be healed. You’ll clear away self-deprecating thoughts. You’ll do whatever is necessary to maintain a healthier body. You’ll practice techniques such as meditation to create inner peace. Every part of you will resonate with the perfection of the Divine within you, and your spirit will soar!
12. You will strengthen your ability to feel your connection to God and to the We Consciousness. When you practice self-love, you will raise your vibration so that it will be more on par with the pure energy of God. At this higher level of consciousness, you’ll clearly feel your connection to everyone and everything.