THIS IS A light, refreshing whole grain recipe that makes a delicious side dish for your summer grilling. Whole grains have gotten a bad reputation with the Paleo craze, so let me share one reason why whole grains are an important part of your diet. The glucose in complex carbohydrates (the actual whole grain), is the primary fuel source for many of the body’s vital organs, including the brain. Serotonin levels will drop without consuming carbs, which can lead to feeling depressed.
4 cups cooked brown rice
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
Sea Salt to taste
1. Discover an easy recipe to cook perfect brown rice at my blog at www.maggiechristopher.com.
2. Transfer cooked brown rice to a medium-sized bowl and let cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
3. Once the rice is cooled, cut a lime in half and squeeze lime juice onto rice. Taste the rice and decide if you’d like to add the other half of the lime.
4. Then, chop fresh cilantro. Add the cilantro slowly until you reach your desired taste.
5. Next, add in 1 teaspoon of minced garlic and sea salt to taste. Mix thoroughly.
6. Serve warm. Serves 6-8.