Pranic Healing is a form of energy medicine that teaches its practitioners to increase, control and direct the prana, or universal life force, that is all around us for their own personal health and energetic benefit. Pranic Healing was created by Chinese-Filipino spiritual teacher and energy master, Grandmaster Choa Kok Sui, who spent years researching such esoteric systems as yoga, chi kung, Kabbalah (a form of ancient Jewish mysticism and spiritual practice), and many others in order to create a simple, practical, effective “optimum” energy healing system anyone could learn and use.
There are six steps to this healing system:
- First is clearing negative emotions and limiting beliefs. Negative emotions, fears, anxieties, traumatic memories and phobias reduce your energy by blocking the flow of prana through your aura, the energy body that surrounds and interpenetrates your physical body. When the flow of prana is blocked or otherwise inhibited, it can ultimately lead to physical illness. Thus, there is a strong emotional component to any ailment, and negative emotions must be cleared or resolved in order to maintain a state of high energy and good health.
- The second step is pranic breathing. This is a highly energizing breathing technique that utilizes the principles of rhythm, a specific breathing count, and retention, the purposeful holding of the breath in the lungs at specific times, to enable practitioners to draw in large quantities of prana to boost their own vitality and relieve health problems.
- The third step is energy manipulation, which consists of three methods of manually cleaning your energy body and maintaining the smooth, plentiful flow of prana through it. These techniques include scanning, or using your hands to actually feel for energetic imbalances in your aura; sweeping, or cleaning away the dirty or congested prana with several specific hand movements; and energizing, or drawing in prana and projecting it into areas of energetic depletion. These techniques may sound a bit strange, but the truth is, with proper training and only about 20 minutes of daily practice, nearly everyone can learn to feel, sweep and project energy in just a couple of weeks.
- The fourth step is energetic hygiene, which is the practice of keeping your energy body as clean and charged up as possible through emotional regulation, dietary recommendations, special physical exercises, the use of salt as an energetic cleansing agent and numerous other techniques. Most people feel their personal energy surge when they begin practicing energetic hygiene regularly.
- The fifth step is meditation. Grandmaster Choa teaches a number of meditations for calming the mind and increasing the supply of prana. But beginning Pranic Healing students are taught two basic meditations: a mindfulness meditation to still the thoughts, allowing a greater flow of cleansing energy; and Meditation on Twin Hearts, a powerful meditation on peace and loving kindness that draws in enormous quantities of healing prana.
- The sixth and final step consists of the two very powerful energy-generation exercises, of which both have been modified by Grandmaster Choa to make them simple to perform while still ensuring that they enable the practitioner to produce great quantities of high-quality prana. These include the modified Tibetan Yogic Exercises and the modified Mentalphysics Exercises. Both sets take only minutes to perform.
These six steps can be learned and applied in less than just two weeks, though the benefits of some steps — for instance, pranic breathing and some aspects of energetic hygiene, such as taking salt baths and making dietary modifications — can be felt almost immediately. Together, these steps comprise a very powerful daily routine for tens of thousands around the world who are experiencing the energetic and health benefits — and the simplicity — of Pranic Healing. And in just 20-30 minutes per day, they will help add calm, energy and healing to anyone’s busy life.