Nothing about our current experience can be identified as normal. As a global community, we are brought together in a common cause. We are joined by our compassion for those who have lost loved ones and those who have given so much. We share gratitude for those who continue to stand strong in the face of despair and personal risk.
Amid the upheaval of normal, peace may be found and may be the key to moving forward powerfully into the new paradigm of our world.
The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic will be with us for some time. While putting life on pause for quarantine feels like a temporary situation, we cannot un-live this time and revert to the way life was. Placing our conscious awareness into choosing how we are being and creating in our life, so we may move forward powerfully, is invaluable as we navigate these uncharted waters. Beneath the necessities of washing our hands, social distancing and wearing masks is the sense of the incoming tide of a new world paradigm.
If we attach peace to external circumstances, we live in reaction to life and the experience of peace will be fleeting. As we bring conscious awareness to our choices, thoughts and ways of being, we can move powerfully in life guided by our own deepest soul-full expression. With our focus turned inward. we are less reactionary to external events we cannot control.
Five Bridges to Peace
Consider adding these practices to your life:
• Bring Intention to Your Day — Consider peace as a perspective that then generates peace. We may choose to BE peace, which is available beyond circumstance. When we intend to generate peace as an expression of our essential self, life is framed within the experience of peace. The act of choosing declares our intention, which allows us to reach into the greatest part of ourselves.
Our conscious intentions form the lens through which we view life. Left unconscious, we float through scenarios constructed by reaction and our greatest concerns. Choice is a potent action that immediately brings clarity and empowerment. Choose an intention for your day and watch what happens.
Distinct from a to-do list, an intention declares how you will be in your day. It is your being that informs what you do. Feel the difference between, “Today I will get the report completed.” and, “Today I choose to be completion.”
Start every day by declaring your intention. Today I choose to be peace. Today I choose to be clarity. Today I choose to be connection. Today I choose to be innovation, creativity, resolution, resilience, patience, grace, joy or love. When what you choose resonates with your inner self, notice the presence of peace filtering through your day, just through your act of conscious intention.
• Be Present — Focus your awareness in the present moment. We have many layers of clutter that occupy our thoughts. When you choose to be present, events of the past and the weight of expectations for the future are released. As you bring your awareness to the present moment you become available to access your own wisdom and clarity.
Say to yourself or out loud, “I bring all parts of me present here and now! I bring all parts of me present here and now! I bring all parts of me present here and now!” Take a deep breath.
• Anchor into Your Center — Notice when your thinking is reactionary and when you are feeling off balance. As you leave the stillness of your own center, life experience becomes more stressful and chaotic. With awareness beyond your own center, the prevailing feeling is one of not being able to attain an empowered stance. When you feel out of control consider your awareness is outside of your center point.
In the same way the outer rings of a hurricane are the most destructive and chaotic, so it is with you when your awareness is not held within your center. In the moments that you notice yourself in the outer rings of your awareness, visualize gently turning around and walking to the stillness of your own center and then take a deep breath.
• Lead with Your Heart — It may feel counter intuitive to bring down the walls at a time that demands so much. Consider the walls of separation are a reflection of your own inner separation. As you bring focus to showing up in life from the standpoint of wholeness, your emotional self is honored, encouraged, and given space. Consider you may emerge from this transformational time owning and honoring all parts of yourself.
Bring thoughtful compassion to every encounter with others and to yourself, as well. Allow these challenging times to reveal strengths that are only found through expressing wholeness. Loving fully is a contribution to you, everyone around you, and the world.
• Be the Visionary for Your Life — Become inner directed. When you are present and have released expectations around how life should be, you become available to hear your own voice. Being connected with your inner wisdom enables you to live beyond distractions. By being at the helm of your life, informed by your essential self, there is a natural sense of peace. The experience is one of “settling into yourself,” or you naturally being more of you.
Trust that you will emerge into the future with purpose. Lean into the realm of what you don’t know and allow your own brilliance to be revealed. Bringing conscious awareness to your life allows you to distinguish who you are not and who you are authentically. Make new choices that resonate with your soul, revealing your best self. Your soul-full knowing will light your path.
We are living an evolutionary event that calls us to our best. Our human nature struggles to know what is to come and recalibrate into the comfort of normal. By embracing the moment and looking inward for direction we access the innate wisdom of our divine nature. When we choose our own wholeness we are able to weather any storm. Trusting in our own ability to move forward powerfully under any circumstance allows peace to become the canvas upon which we create life.