FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Registration is now open for “Let’s Talk About Sex, Menopause, & Aging Bodies,” a unique health and wellness event tailored for Women.
MINNEAPOLIS (4/5/2023) – Get ready to join the fun! The Women’s Press and The Edge Magazine are thrilled to announce our upcoming event, “Let’s Talk About Sex, Menopause, and Aging Bodies,” for women. We are creating a safe space for women to come together and explore, question, and share advice and experiences about everything related to sex, hormones, menopause, and beyond at The Woman’s Club of Minneapolis.
Join us and discover the power of self-care in a safe and nurturing environment!
Date: Saturday, April 22
Time: 10 am – 3 pm CDT
Location: The Woman’s Club of Minneapolis
410 Oak Grove Street Minneapolis, MN 55403
Attendees can expect a day filled with good Q&A sessions with experts, fun swag bags, more than a dozen vendor tables, and experiential sessions. Early bird registration ends on April 14, so register now to reserve your spot.
The morning session, moderated by Gaea Dill-D’Ascoli, a reporter from the Minnesota Women’s Press, will delve into topics about sexuality after middle age or after losing a partner; the prevalence of sexually transmitted infections in elderly populations; how to talk with partners and others about changing bodies and desire. Experts Peter and Lindsey Hoskins will lead discussions and answer questions about the art of self-love, dealing with isolation in aging, eldercare options for the LGBTQ+ community, and more.
In addition to the informative Q&A sessions, the event will feature an array of experiential sessions, providing attendees with a hands-on approach to learning about various topics. These sessions will include the following:
- Teresa Cover, Naturopath and Certified Natural Health Professional will be presenting on “What your Face Tells About Your Health and Wellness”. She is the owner of Earthsnaturaldefense.com. She will also be doing face readings in the vendor area.
- Jodi Jacobson, a nurse and herbalist who went through menopause at age 32, will lead a session on herbalism.
- Anne Pryor will lead a session on Lovitude Painting, an intuitive painting practice that helps attendees tap into their creativity and self-expression.
- Terri Peterson will lead a session on breathwork and intuitive guidance, providing attendees with tools for managing stress and anxiety.
- Mary Newstrom will lead a guided meditation session, helping attendees focus their minds and find inner peace.
- Holly Busse will lead a session on reiki and qigong, allowing attendees to explore these healing modalities.
- Ben Lipkin of Carpe Diem will answer attendees’ questions about CBD and THC, helping them better understand these substances’ benefits and uses.
Besides these experiential sessions, attendees can expect a panel discussion on integrative wellness practices for optimal health. Led by practitioners in chiropractic care, holistic health, and nutrition, this discussion will explore various approaches to healthcare and provide attendees with valuable insights on achieving and maintaining optimal health.
In between sessions, attendees can explore the different vendor tables throughout the Women’s Club. These vendors offer a wide range of products and services related to wellness, finance, art, and more. For those who want to maximize their time exploring the vendor tables, there is the option to purchase a box lunch for $20.
This event provides an opportunity for attendees to explore and interact with a diverse array of vendors who offer products and services related to wellness, art, financial planning, and more.
- For those interested in wellness, April Jones Wellness Consulting specializes in nutritional coaching and other wellness services, offering personalized wellness plans that include nutrition and fitness coaching, stress management techniques, and more.
- Livewave Stemcell Activation focuses on wellness, offering stem cell activation treatments that can help boost the body’s natural healing processes. These treatments can help reduce inflammation, improve energy levels, and enhance overall wellness.
- Randi Hoyt Art offers unique and beautiful art pieces for attendees looking for art. From abstract paintings to mixed media collages, their works are sure to catch the eye and add a touch of creativity to any space.
- Lisa Harris’s story healing offers a unique service, providing storytelling sessions to help individuals process past traumas, develop empathy and understanding, and gain a deeper appreciation for their personal journey.
- Lovitude offers inspirational art, books, and products designed to encourage self-love and positivity. They believe in the power of love and seek to spread this message through their products.
- Amber Maier is a multi-dimensional healer who helps individuals discover their soul purpose and overcome obstacles. She uses intuitive coaching and healing modalities like Akashic Records, Angel Healing, Theta Healing, and Reiki to help clients take powerful steps forward on their soul path and achieve their vision for their life.
- New World Women offers empowerment and personal development programs for women. They provide coaching, workshops, and other resources to help women discover their inner strength and achieve their goals.
- NE Wellness offers various wellness services, including massage therapy, acupuncture, and nutritional counseling. They believe in a holistic approach to health and wellness and work with clients to address the root causes of their health concerns.
- SHExclusive Jewelry offers beautiful and unique jewelry pieces. From statement necklaces to delicate bracelets, their works are sure to add a touch of elegance to any outfit.
- Earth’s Natural Defense offers homeopathic and eco-friendly products and services to promote a healthier planet.
- Zenith High uses the healing energy of the Divine to assist individuals in healing. This unique healing technique involves connecting to the healing energy of Spirit Guides, Power Animals, Reiki Gods, Archangels, and Ascended Masters, resulting in a powerful process that allows for channeling Divine healing energy to clients.
Event page: womenspress.com/lets-talk-about-sex-menopause-and-aging-bodies
Anonymous survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/VKRPGVZ
About the sponsors:
Minnesota Women’s Press is not only an incredible publication, but it’s also the longest-running feminist publication in the entire country! Since its launch in 1985, it has been at the forefront of centering women’s voices, experiences, and leadership.
The Edge Magazine is devoted to sharing resources, wisdom, and information that supports individuals on the journey of holistic living and self-discovery. By exploring a wide range of modalities, the Edge is committed to enhancing the understanding of our essential nature to encourage growth, healing, and wholeness.