Your use of the www.edgemagazine.net website (“The Edge magazine” website) and all products and services of The Edge magazine (legally known as The Edge LLC), regardless of media, is subject to the terms, conditions and disclaimers set forth below and from time to time throughout the The Edge magazine website, and to all applicable laws and regulations. In addition, The Edge magazine reserves the right to terminate access to The Edge magazine website for any reason, and to take any other actions that The Edge magazine, in its sole discretion, believes to be in the interest of the company and of its users and clients as a whole.
The Edge magazine reserves the right to modify these disclaimers, terms and conditions of access, without advance notice. This is a binding contract between The Edge magazine and you. By your acceptance of this agreement and use of The Edge magazine website, and as a material condition of such use, you warrant that you have provided accurate and complete information in any communication with The Edge magazine.
Access to The Edge magazine website is provided free of charge and does not create a professional services relationship or any other relationship with The Edge magazine. You may not develop or derive for commercial sale any data in machine-readable or other form that incorporates or uses any substantial part of The Edge magazine website. You may not transfer to or store any data residing or exchanged over The Edge magazine website in any electronic network for use by more than one user unless you obtain prior written permission from The Edge magazine. For any images, text, data or other information (referred to here as “Content”) you submit to The Edge magazine, including profile information, and any e-mail, you warrant that you own the right to utilize, to license and to sublicense the Content and you grant to The Edge magazine a non-exclusive, worldwide, paid-up and royalty-free perpetual license, including right of sublicense, to use, display, distribute, perform, reproduce in whole or in part, modify and create derivative works from the Content, in any media.
The Edge magazine and The Edge magazine website, and all other text and images contained on The Edge magazine website and in The Edge magazine’s products are protected by United States trademark and copyright law and other applicable law and are the property of The Edge magazine, except as otherwise identified.
All copyrights and trademarks not the property of The Edge magazine that are used or referred to in The Edge magazine website and The Edge magazine’s products are the property of their respective owners. Nothing contained in the site or other products shall be construed as granting any license or other rights to any copyright, trademark, patent or other property of The Edge magazine or any third party, whether by implication, laches, estoppel or explicit grant. Because the content is proprietary, any unauthorized use of materials on the site or other products may violate the law. The Edge magazine’s products, including third party and licensed materials on the site, may not be modified, reproduced, republished, retransmitted, or displayed except for personal use. Any use for a commercial or public purpose requires specific written permission from The Edge magazine.
Acceptable Use Policy
You are solely responsible for any and all acts and omissions that occur during or relating to your use of The Edge magazine website, and you agree not to engage in unacceptable use of The Edge magazine website, which includes, without limitation, use of The Edge magazine website to:
- Disseminate or transmit “spam,” unsolicited messages, chain letters, any advertisements, solicitations, pyramid schemes, investment opportunities or other unsolicited commercial communication,
- Disseminate or transmit material that to a reasonable person may be abusive, obscene, defamatory, harassing, grossly offensive, vulgar, threatening or malicious, or any Content that is unlawful, is intended to be used for any unlawful purpose, is false or misleading, or that actually or potentially infringes the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or other right of any person, including The Edge magazine; (b) any material, non-public information about companies without the authorization to do so;
- Create a false identity or otherwise attempt to mislead any person as to the identity or origin of any communication;
- Purchase, sell, or offer to purchase or sell any equity or security or market instrument, or to provide information designed to manipulate any equity or security or market;
- Interfere, disrupt, or attempt to gain unauthorized access to other profiles or accounts on The Edge magazine website or any other computer network;
- Print out or otherwise copy or use any personally identifiable information about other users;
- Disseminate or transmit viruses, Trojan horses, worms, defects, date bombs, time bombs or other items of a destructive nature or any other malicious code or program;
- Express or imply that any statements you make are endorsed by us;
- Restrict or inhibit any other visitor or member from using The Edge magazine website, including, without limitation, by means of “hacking” or defacing any portion of The Edge magazine website;
- Modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of The Edge magazine website;
- Remove any copyright, trademark or other proprietary rights notices contained in The Edge magazine website; “Frame” or “mirror” any part of The Edge magazine website;
- Link to any page of or content on The Edge magazine website other than the URL located at https://www.edgemagazine.net/;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, “data mine” or in any way reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of The Edge magazine website or its contents;
- Engage in any other activity deemed by The Edge magazine to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of this agreement.
You understand that by using The Edge magazine website, you may be exposed to Content that may offend you or challenge your beliefs. Your remedy is to avoid such Content by discontinuing your access. By using this site, you acknowledge and agree that any Postings and any and all liability arising from Postings are the sole responsibility of the user who posted the content (“Poster”), and not the SouloftheCities.net. SouloftheCities.net does not control the Postings and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Postings.
You understand that by using SouloftheCities.net, you may be exposed to Postings that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will SouloftheCities.net be liable in any way for any Postings, including, but not limited to, for any errors, omissions or misrepresentations in any Postings, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, or arising from, any Postings. If you do choose to post content on our Site, please do not do so unless you understand that your Postings will be available publicly. You should not assume that you are anonymous online and cannot be identified by your Postings. You agree that all of your Postings will comply with the requirements of this Agreement.
You agree not to use our Site to:
- Post any Posting that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically, or otherwise objectionable;
- Harm or threaten to harm users in any way; “Stalk” or otherwise harass any other person or entity;
- Impersonate any person or entity (including an Edge magazine agent, enthusiast, or moderator), or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- Post any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of solicitation except in areas that are expressly designated by SouloftheCities.net for such purpose;
- Disseminate or transmit any Content that infringes or violates any party’s copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent or other proprietary right, including, but not limited to, using third-party copyrighted materials, without appropriate permission, using third party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, or using or distributing third-party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality;
- Disseminate or transmit any worms, viruses or other harmful, disruptive or destructive files, code or programs;
- Violate any law (whether local, state, national, or international), whether or not intentionally;
- Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Posting;
- Post any content that you do not have a right to under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationship (which includes inside information, proprietary or confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- Interfere with or disrupt the SouloftheCities.net Services, our Site, or servers or networks connected to our Site, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies, or regulations of networks connected to the Site;
- Collect or store personal data about other users;
- Engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to, collecting and distributing information about Internet users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law;
- or Post any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
You acknowledge that SouloftheCities.net pre-screens Postings, and that SouloftheCities.net has the right, but not the obligation, to refuse to make available, to modify or to remove any Postings or portions of Postings in its sole discretion and at any time without notice to the Poster, regardless of whether those Postings violate the terms of this Agreement or are otherwise objectionable.
You agree that your use of any Posting is at your own risk, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the Posting. You agree that if you rely on any Posting submitted to SouloftheCities.net, it is solely at your own risk.
If you choose to provide any Postings on our Site, you agree that SouloftheCities.net may copy, distribute, display, publish, modify or translate such Postings for any purpose and in any medium worldwide (including incorporating the Postings into SouloftheCities.net databases or any other SouloftheCities.net property, product or service) without any obligation to compensate you or any other third-party in any way for any such use. SouloftheCities.net may grant other parties these same rights as to the Postings.
Content and Non-Endorsement
Opinions and other statements expressed by users and third parties are theirs alone, not opinions of The Edge magazine. Content created by third parties is the sole responsibility of the third parties and its accuracy and completeness are not endorsed or guaranteed. The Edge magazine website and third parties may provide links to web pages, websites, and various resources or locations on the web. The Edge magazine has no control over the information you access via such links, does not endorse that information, and shall not be responsible for it or for the consequences of your use of that information.
If you have a copyright complaint about any information on The Edge magazine website, please contact us. If you are aware of any communication in a comment area on The Edge magazine website that is unlawful, infringes the property rights of The Edge magazine , a user, or a third party, or otherwise fails to conform to these Terms of Service, please send an e-mail notification with the subject “Inappropriate Use” to .
The Edge magazine does not initiate, edit, modify, select, or designate specific recipients for any messages or other data entered into any part of The Edge magazine website, except that (i) The Edge magazine may consolidate and edit for clarity any Content posted, (ii) The Edge magazine may inform registered users or third parties of particular content, ask for their response, and (iii) The Edge magazine reserves the right to monitor the The Edge magazine website and to remove any information that The Edge magazine , in its sole discretion, considers to be inappropriate or unlawful. The exercise of such rights shall not create an obligation for The Edge magazine to monitor, screen or edit Content on The Edge magazine website in any way.
Please note that, because The Edge magazine and its designees host commenting opportunities found on The Edge magazine website (the “Comment Areas”) and, therefore, redistribute materials you give to us, The Edge magazine requires certain rights in those materials. Accordingly, by sending or transmitting to The Edge magazine creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, information or other materials (collectively, “Submissions”), or by posting such Submissions to any area of The Edge magazine website, you grant The Edge magazine and its designees a worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicenseable (through multiple tiers), assignable, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable right to use, reproduce, distribute (through multiple tiers), create derivative works of, publicly perform, publicly display, digitally perform, make, have made, sell, offer for sale and import such Submissions in any media now known or hereafter developed, for any purpose whatsoever, commercial or otherwise, without compensation to the provider of the Submissions. None of the Submissions will be subject to any obligation, whether of confidentiality, attribution or otherwise, on the part of The Edge magazine and The Edge magazine will not be liable for any use or disclosure of any Submissions.
The Comment Areas are designed to permit you to share your ideas and opinions. Information on the Comment Areas is provided by our staff and other contributors, some of whom use anonymous screen names and are people not otherwise connected with us. You acknowledge that a large volume of information is available in our Comment Areas and that people participating in such Comment Areas occasionally post messages or make statements, whether intentionally or unintentionally, that are inaccurate, misleading or deceptive. The Edge magazine neither endorses nor is responsible for such messages or statements, or for any opinion, advice, information or other utterance made or displayed on The Edge magazine website or Forums and Comment Areas by third parties. The opinions expressed in theÂ Comment Areas reflect solely the opinion(s) of the participants and may not reflect the opinion(s) of The Edge magazine. The Edge magazine is not responsible for any errors or omissions in postings in the Comment Areas, for hyperlinks embedded in messages or for any results obtained from the use of such information. Under no circumstances will The Edge magazine or its affiliates, be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on such information obtained through The Edge magazine website or the Forums and Comment Areas.
You acknowledge and agree that The Edge magazine has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor the Comment Areas and the materials you transmit or post; to alter or remove any such materials (including, without limitation, any posting to a Comment Area); to disclose such materials and the circumstances surrounding their transmission to any third party in order to operate The Edge magazine website properly; to protect ourselves, and our visitors; and to comply with legal obligations or governmental requests.
Limitation of Liability and Use
The Edge magazine has worked to ensure the accuracy of the information it provides through its products and services, including through The Edge magazine website. This information frequently relies on data obtained from many sources, however, and The Edge magazine cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information provided or any analysis based thereon.
YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT THE USE OF THE EDGE MAGAZINE’S PRODUCTS AND SERVICES, INCLUDING THE EDGE MAGAZINE WEBSITE, IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. SUCH PRODUCTS AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS AND THE EDGE MAGAZINE MAKES NO WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AND DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE EDGE MAGAZINE DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, SECURE OR ERROR FREE. NO ADVICE, OPINION OR OTHER INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE EDGE MAGAZINE WEBSITE OR FROM THE EDGE MAGAZINE, ORALLY OR IN ANY MEDIA, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY FROM EDGE MAGAZINE MONTHLY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
THE EDGE MAGAZINE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR COSTS OR ATTORNEY’S FEES, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, NEGLIGENCE, OR STRICT LIABILITY, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THE ATLANTIC MONTHLY WAS INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold The Edge magazine, its affiliates, licensors, suppliers, advertisers and sponsors, and its and their directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents and other representatives, harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs (including reasonable attorneys’ fees) and other expenses that arise directly or indirectly out of or from (a) your breach of this agreement, including any violation of the Terms of Service; (b) any allegation that any Content or other materials you submit to us or transmit to The Edge magazine website infringe or otherwise violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property or other rights of any third party; and/or (c) your activities in connection with The Edge magazine website.
Special Agreement on Fee-Shifting and Choice of Law
If you attempt to bring any legal action against The Edge magazine based in any way on its products or services, including The Edge magazine website, you agree that, in the event you do not prevail or The Edge magazine does prevail, you will reimburse The Edge magazine for any costs and attorneys fees associated with their defense of the action. The use of The Edge magazine website and any claim or dispute relating to The Edge magazine website shall be governed by the laws of the state of Minnesota, without regard to its conflicts of law principles. Exclusive venue for any claim shall be in the state and federal courts located in the state of Minnesota. Use of The Edge magazine website is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not effect to all provisions of these Terms of Service, including without limitation this paragraph.
If any provision or portion of these Terms of Service is held in whole or in part to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder of that provision and of the entire agreement will be severable and will remain in effect, to the fullest degree consistent with the intent of this document.